View Single Post
July 31st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ds rolled a couple of times a couple of months ago and hasn't done it since. He sits and balances very well and never throws himself back like dd used to for the longest time. He pushes up while on his belly, but no crawling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
I was just going to ask a question on this so maybe someone could answer in their reply.

Chloe has rolled over several times from her stomach to her back 'kinda' accidents a few times and others I thought on purpose.

A few days ago she all of a sudden pushed up with both arms and flipped over.... Definitely on purpose, and when I rolled her to her tummy she went on to do this 7 times in a row and thought it was hilarious and lots of fun. Later on in the day she flipped over anytime she wanted... I thought, this skill is in the bag.... how am I gonna keep her on her stomach for tummy time?

The next day... and ever since it's been like the 'flipping' never happened. When I put her on her stomach she has alot of leg action, even gets both knees up and sticks her rump in the air, but her face remained buried and she refuses to use her arms as well. A few times she has rolled over, but this was due to her getting a leg out and using that to push herself over........ so what's up? Do most babies have to 'learn' and 're-learn' a new skill a few times before they actually get it?

oh, she also has scooted forward a bit a few times with all that leg/knee action but I don't think she knew what she was doing.
That's quite normal. They will work really hard on a skill until they master it, and then may lose interest once it is mastered. Like my son, for example, got fixated on blowing "raspberries"/spit bubbles. He would even wake up in the middle of the night to practice. He was pretty impressed with it. Then he just stopped and hasn't done it since. Got bored with it I suppose.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!