View Single Post
August 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Adopting One of Each!
Thanks, guys, for your wonderful comments regarding our decision to foster. It took a bit of convincing to get DH on board with it, as he hadn't wanted children this late in his life - at least, not baby-age. But I wanted the baby experience from as early on as possible because I knew I'd only have one shot. Whether that shot be a foster child, or a natural child, I'm convinced I've only got one chance. So, based on that, he decided to jump on the bandwagon. Lucky him.

So now for the main event:

CD 27, Cycle #2

I got my first + OPK of the cycle last night!!!! I was so surprised as I wasn't expecting it at all... I had tested my CM earlier in the day and it was a LOT less stretchy than the day before, so I wasn't expecting anything. And BAM! There was the smiley face! I looked at the test strip itself and it was VERY positive. That was at 7:30pm. I showed DH and he said, "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" My heart broke a little bit in that instant, but all I said was, "No, honey. This is saying that I'm close to ovulating, FINALLY." We BD later, without the use of any "helper" aids.

Based on last month's + OPK I got on CD 15, and the negative OPK I got the following morning, I was expecting that to happen this morning, as well. NOT SO MUCH!! I got ANOTHER positive one this morning! So, I brought a couple of them with me to use at work today so I can keep up on when the surge disappears. I'm going to see if I can convince DH to BD again tonight, although I think I might be asking too much. We've DTD Monday and Tuesday nights, so perhaps I should give him some recovery time. He IS old...

And, after temping this morning, I knew I hadn't O'd yet as my temp was LOWER than yesterday. So, I'm hoping tomorrow morning's temp show I O'd. That would be just swell.

I was really bummed that this cycle was looking anovulatory, and it still might be, but at least we're headed in the right direction, finally. I can't believe that the travelling and being sick with a cold delayed ovulation roughly 12 days... Grrrrrrr. Oh well, it is what it is, right?

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday, this first day of August (already?!). I'm going to actually try and get a few things done today before the meeting marathon starts in less than an hour.

Here's some for all!

-Christi