View Single Post
August 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Veteran
I'm using Heart of Dakota's Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory (BLHfHG) as our core program but I'm going to steal your list, Chrystal, to lay it out by subject because it was so pretty. I was thinking, "Wow! That's a lot of subjects. It makes me feel like I'm not doing much," but laying my own curriculum out this way really puffs it out. If I take out the ones we do informally it won't look so impressive so I'll leave them in.
  • Bible - BLHfHG, catechism and what we do as a family
  • English - BLHfHG
  • Latin - Prima Latina, Latin Memory Songs
  • Spelling - BLHfHG
  • Math - Kitchen Table Math, Spectrum Math Gr.2
  • Handwriting - poetry copywork from BLHfHG done in cursive
  • Reading - BLHfHG emergent readers schedule
  • Vocab - informal
  • Science - BLHfHG but mostly from science getting hit a lot informally in our home on top of DS doing a lot of self educating in areas of his interests
  • Social Studies - BLHfHG, DS's own reading
  • Art - BLHfHG and DS is always drawing. We may do Drawing with Children together (because he wants to learn more and I can't draw for anything); picture study
  • Music - piano
  • PE - informal
  • Spanish- Salsa, Getting Started With Spanish

I do have a couple of other languages (if ASL counts .. it does, right?) that we are not spending as much time on as Latin and Spanish and I haven't really formalized them yet - still looking for a good Khmer program!

Last edited by The Studious Mrs P.; August 9th, 2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Changed a couple of plans.