View Single Post
August 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I am pregnant with baby #3 and I have a clotting disorder. I have beenon lovenox for each pregnancy. I had a dvt and a pe 10 years before ever getting pregnant. To answer your question, yes I am scared. But, the blood thinners work and I trust in God. I guess I have grown more confident with each pregnancy and not having anything happen. I don't think it's stupid to have another baby. I don't know why your ob would put that in your head to not have another. If it were me, I'd find another doctor. There are quite a few of us here that have had several successful pregnancies in spite of our clotting issues. I have to tell you that both my OB and my Internist are very supportive of my choice to have more children. My internal medicine doctor's wife has a clotting disorder, as well, and they have a few kids. She was on lovenox for each of her pregnancy. Good luck to you and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.