View Single Post
August 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Super Mommy
Hey mama Jamie! So heres my thoughts:

Initially, the color of the blood would indicate to me that it originated further up the GI tract, indicating a food allergy rather than over-supply. Thus the fussiness and abdominal discomfort. That is my initial for lack of better words "gut" instinct lol

On the other hand, you very well could have over supply issues as yes this too can mirror the same symptoms, however the reason I don't necessarily believe this is it, is because you have seen improvement with eliminating certain items from your diet.

If I were in your position, I would not introduce the formula as of yet. I would instead pump and slowly introduce the bottle, as you stated he will eventually need to bottle feed at some point anyhow. Pumping will minimize the amount he gets at feeds and if this truly is an over supply issue, than pumping and bottle feeding should take care of that as you can alter your pumping pattern vs. you cannot change babies feeding patterns.

I think you are on the right track, you have a LC who is trying to be proactive in finding a solution, but I think if you do too much too soon you won't know what the problem really is. You have already seen such an improvement that it just may be worth it to stick it out longer, especially if you don't want to give the formula, because this all may just resolve itself now that you've eliminated things from your diet, his body just needs to catch up to it.

Heres my 2 sense!! Good luck hun