View Single Post
August 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Wow. It's been a while! We got to go to Chicago, then as soon as we came back, we started packing like crazy to move across the country! My sister decided to visit, and we agreed to have a joint birthday party for her daughter and my son. So, we've been busy. The truck arrives on Friday, will be picked up Wednesday, and we start our long drive Thursday! WHEW! DH is working full-time until Friday. The job added hours, changed hours, and now, I'm fully packing by myself. This isn't fun! I'm on restrictions, so I can't lift very much. I'm so not used to that. I am usually the "heavy lifter" and the go-to girl for all things moving. Not this time! I'm almost embarrassed by it, which is a really weird attitude to have, I know.

We decided to find out the gender this time, and I'm so incredibly excited! We didn't find out with the other two, so this will be entirely new. We also hope to avoid being asked, in whichever case, "Did you really want a girl?" I really want a child who doesn't have to suffer. I will love him/her completely, healthy or not, boy or girl, but top of my list is definitely not wanting a child who has to suffer so much! If we have a girl, I will be excited because she will be a different experience, I suppose. (Though, to be fair, every child is a different experience. I feel like I don't make enough differentiation to care so much if this is a boy or girl.) If this is a boy, how fun will it be to have a little troop of boys? We find out on the 13th. I'm excited just to find out something new!

I'm 18 weeks, since it's after midnight. I still can't believe that I've made it this far. Amazing. I'm going crazy with anticipation. Not that I've fully left behind that nervous feeling. I know that anything can happen at any time. But I definitely feel more excited. I'm finally starting to plan for WHEN the baby comes, not IF. This is huge. I'm sure that I'll feel better after Monday's appointment, too. EEEEE! I get to see my baby again!

So much to do, so I really should get back to it. I've had to sit down and rest much more and much earlier than with the other 2. I might be getting old! Hahahahaha I also look incredibly pregnant already. Wow. I'm just going to get bigger. Unbelievable.

Really...getting back to it now. I'd hate to have to explain to everyone that we're not packed because I had to play on JM.