Topic: Foods :)
View Single Post
August 7th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusF View Post
We have not started. I wanted always wanted to wait until she was 6 months (which she will be in a week) but I'm still not sure she's 100% ready. I'll reevaluate around 7 months. We're going to do baby led weaning and will probably start with a hunk of avocado.

We actually tried this at first too but I got scared she'd choke. :/ She bit off a pretty big chunk of banana, so for now we're not doing BLW. The only thing we let her eat herself are overcooked broccoli florets because the top part sloughs off in her mouth (I don't let her eat the stem).

We originally wanted to wait until 6 months, but she was showing all the signs of being ready. She's hitting her other milestones early and I figure it's not like her body looks at the calendar at 6 months and then decides it can handle solids all of a sudden. I'm glad we started because she looooves her food! Has yet to spit anything out! She tolerates all kinds of textures so we don't usually make baby food. The first food she had was technically oatmeal but she only had a bite, after that we tried banana (which she loves). Her favorites seem to be bananas, peas, cheese and whole wheat pasta.