View Single Post
August 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first was induced, at a hospital. Stuck on my back. Pitocin upped frequently. Nurse wouldn't let me change positions. I ended up getting an epidural because I couldn't cope with back labor. DD's heart rate kept decreasing (80s) and ended up having to use the vacuum to help her out which included an episiotomy.

With DD2, I went into labor on my own and had her at a birth center. I labored how I felt comfortable, pushed on my own time table. No counting, just go with the flow. No tears, no being cut, it was perfect.

People have asked me how badly it hurt to give birth without pain medication. Honestly, it didn't hurt. I loved pushing and actually feeling her moving with each push. I loved feeling contractions and being able to move freely. It didn't "hurt" at all. I felt calm and relaxed, even though it was hard work. DD1's birth was a lot harder. I felt so out of control and unable to cope. Then when it came to pushing, I just didn't feel confident and couldn't feel to push and of course wasn't listening to my own body's cues to push. I felt like I was going against what my body neededand was trying to do. I would give birth without pain meds any day of the week over having an epidural.

I'm not really sure how to explain this without sounding crazy. And has anyone else ever felt this way when comparing births?