Topic: Assumptions
View Single Post
August 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Newbies
I have to admit that I am jealous of some of you with the larger families. If I am lucky we will only have 6. We are trying for #5 right now. I am a mandatory Csection. *sighs*

Anyway, does anyone ever have the problem of people assuming you are on welfare since you have a larger family?

I know some of our problem is that my SO has moderate Cerebral Palsy. Still he has 2 BA's and works very hard for our family. We are on no assistance at all. Yet I have gotten comments about "you must be living pretty large on the food stamps" or "don't you think you are taxing the system to much" and so on. I have had comments like that even when I shop alone. Or "there is no way you can afford all them". Well, yeah, we can. We just don't drive fancy new cars, have the latest and best of this or that. Our only debt is our house. We own our cars. We pay for everything via credit card but pay it off every month. We do that for the cash back points which we use for Christmas shopping.

Now, I know there are some larger families on welfare. There are those who are living with a lot or totally on state assistance and keep having kids. My SO actually works for the government and sees is. And I know this may get some mad, but to me, that is wrong. Sorry, but if you can't afford them, then you should stop having them.