View Single Post
August 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Super Mommy
Are your kids in school yet? What grade(s) will they be in this year? Mercy Jane (my oldest) is just starting kindergarten and some 1st grade this year.
Public? Private? Homeschooling? Homeschooling
How does your faith impact your schooling choices if at all? We prayed over it a lot but really the things we were considering didn't have as much to do with our faith as they did with the quality of education we want for our kids and their individual needs. If we felt like the public schools where we are could offer us what we want, we wouldn't hesitate to send our kids there. That being said, I am really happy to be able to integrate our faith and the bible into everything we teach. It's definitely a great benefit to homeschooling. (Plus we move around a lot so homeschooling just makes more sense for us)
What do you do during the school year (aside from going to church on Sunday) to encourage their Christian education and spiritual growth? I'm sure our children will become very involved in the children's ministries at our church and using a Christian home school curriculum is a bonus. Plus we pray all the time and read the bible together as a family.
What are you most excited for? learning along with them and trying new things
What are you dreading? finding a balance, especially once the twins are here.

If you have little ones who aren't there yet, have you thought about it? What kind of school experience do you want for them? All I know for sure is that I want my kids to have a better school experience than I had and I want us to be a close family. I think homeschooling will help to provide that.
~Mother of Miracles