Topic: Assumptions
View Single Post
August 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Welcome!

I'll start with your initial question...no, I have never had those types of comments and if I did... I'm pretty sure it would be the last time anyone made that assumption about my family.

Now to add to the part that has sparked a little debate. I am going to go against the grain with this one...sorry ladies...

I love my nieces and nephews to pieces, but my sister needs to stop having children. She lives off of the state...yes, the state cause even though individuals contribute to the money. It is money that now belongs to the state and in many cases can be used in other ways. She has never held a job, except for a brief time here and there: she is a habitual welfare mom, and she is not the only one out there.

I do believe that if you can not afford them, you should stop. Again to repeat what MIRose said, not people who find themselves in a pinch here or there. Thats much different then people who use welfare as if it was their job. The system is there to help those who find themselves in a bad place and I don't find that to be judgmental, just my opinion.