Topic: Assumptions
View Single Post
August 11th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't particularly care what people think about me. I work, have a union job, make more hourly than a lot of people out there, but my position is only part time. I don't have a lot of seniority. Currently I feel blessed to no longer be an "on call" employee and be working everyday! Personally I could say I work physically harder in five hours than most people work in a month.

My husband also works, however he has previous children and child support takes a big portion of his check. He is also a barber and cuts hair out of our house.

So we both work, and our family does get food assistance (gasp). We qualified for cash assistance but chose not to accept it, we just want to feed the kids better than hot dogs and boxed mac n cheese everyday.

Is it what we want to have to do, no. Is it currently what we have to do, yes.

People make a lot of stupid *** assumptions about me and my family, I'm sure. More behind my back than to my face though.

I am sure there are people out there who have nasty opinions about my children having more than one father, or me not being married until nine MONTHS ago, or them being biracial. Again, those people can jump in a lake.
#12 is on the way