View Single Post
August 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Are your kids in school yet? What grade(s) will they be in this year? I have a Freshman and a 5th grader.
Public? Private? Homeschooling? Homeschooling
How does your faith impact your schooling choices if at all? I always wanted to homeschool, but my kids were in public until the middle of the year last year. I did tons of praying before I pulled them out, partially because of a bullying issue and partially because I wanted to teach them with the moral convictions that our family feels, not the politically correct crap they were being fed in public school.
What do you do during the school year (aside from going to church on Sunday) to encourage their Christian education and spiritual growth? Our curriculum is Christian based, we have a bible class, and we are leading a youth bible study at church on Saturdays too.
What are you most excited for? Our new curriculum. Last year we just made our own mostly using the public school textbooks because we pulled them out at Christmas.
What are you dreading? Nothing really. We love homeschooling and are really looking forward to getting going again.

If you have little ones who aren't there yet, have you thought about it? What kind of school experience do you want for them? If God blesses us with any more babies they will be home schooled from the very beginning.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!