View Single Post
August 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hayley
Are your kids in school yet? What grade(s) will they be in this year?
Cohen & Abe attend a Spanish Immersion Preschool. Cohen is technically Pre-K this coming year.

Public? Private? Homeschooling?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]I guess it's private, but not Christian[/COLOR]

How does your faith impact your schooling choices if at all?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]We want to do what is best for each child individually, and that means all decisions are made prayerfully. We'd love to send our children to a Christian school, but we also love the idea of them being witnesses to other in the public schools. Homeschooling is another good option, but my husband and I are still trying to figure that out. If we did that we'd defintiely need to be part of a co-op.[/COLOR]

What do you do during the school year (aside from going to church on Sunday) to encourage their Christian education and spiritual growth?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]We read ABC Bible verses, and are just starting to listen to adventures in odyssey. it's a little advanced for them, but my oldest is definitely starting to pick up on some of it. [/COLOR]

What are you most excited for?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]I love that our kids are learning a foreign language. I hope that they can use it to share the gospel with even more people[/COLOR]

What are you dreading?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Not sure that I'm dreading anything just yet. [/COLOR]

If you have little ones who aren't there yet, have you thought about it? What kind of school experience do you want for them?
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]We want them to know Jesus more than anything and right now I'm not sure we're doing a great job. Praise God that their salvation doesn't lie in our hands because I don't think that I'll ever feel that I'm doing enough and it's not about what I do at all but about what Jesus did (I constantly need to remind myself of that). Beyond learning about our Savior we hope that our children will learn to love school and pursue college degrees.[/COLOR]