View Single Post
August 14th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Hi I'm Macy and I'm 18 and have an 11 month old son called Mason Patrick

I was 14 when I met my sons dad Elliot and we were friends for two years before we had sex. I got pregnant the very first time we did it even though we were being safe. I felt sick about a month after and just knew that I was pregnant. I told Elliot to come over so we could do the test together and when it came up positive we both felt sick and shocked, we couldn't have a baby we were only 16. Telling our families was really difficult since no one knew we were sexually active. Both sets of our parents were disapproving and wanted us to consider adoption or abortion. I spent spring break with my sister so I could have some space and think about what I wanted to do and I decided that I couldn't give up my baby. No one was happy about my decision at first but everyone came around eventually and now can't imagine life without Mason. He was born September 12th 2011 at 2:45 am (narrowly avoided a 9/11 birthday!) weighing 7 lbs 2 oz.

Elliot and I are both 18 now and still together and Mason will be a year next month. I'm going to college this fall for...something, not quite sure what yet and Elliot is working and going to school part time for a teaching degree. Mason and I live in an apartment above my parents garage and Elliot lives in town. We want to finish school and focus on Mason before getting married and having another child.

Mason is the very best thing to ever happen to me and I can't imagine life without him.