View Single Post
August 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hi all.

I am new here but just thought I would ask... I am plus size (26/28) and have been for many years.

I wasn't big as a child or early teens, but I became pregnant as a teenager and put on weight. Having a bad marriage and no parental support (or any family, for that matter) I became a stress eater.

This is what I am curious about... do most overweight people wish they were different, or have you learned to love yourself just as you are? If you have accepted yourself, how did you do it?

It seems a bit confusing, really. I want to be healthier. I want to look and feel better. I want to be proud of myself. I have tried so, so so many times. I even have a lap band and still haven't lost weight. I have lost some weight over the years but it always comes back. Stress and depression will never be gone from my life and it sabotages my weight loss efforts.

If I learn to accept myself, I may be happier in life... but I won't be healthier, and I will also be a quitter for not continuing with my goal of weight loss.

So which way do you go? I still haven't decided... fat and happy or never give up trying to lose it?

~ George R. R. Martin