View Single Post
August 17th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Proud mama of 2 girls
For me, it goes both ways. I have always had a weight problem and in highschool I was always the fat girl. Thankfully I was friendly and outgoing so I never had a problem making friends.

The problem is, I (so I have been told) always had a really pretty face. I was so sick of hearing "if you could just lose some weight" blah blah blah. So I did everything I could and lost almost 100lbs between 2003-2004.

I felt so good, it was like a drug. I want to get back there.

I was 200lbs when I met DH, started working out agian and got to 170lbs. By our wedding I was 220, got pregnant at 250, stopped the scale at 297 before delivery and right now I am around 255.

I don't really diet though. I just try to eat well and we don't buy processed foods anymore.

To be totally honest, I think we owe it to ourselves and our families to never stop striving for a healthier life. I want to live to see my great grandchildren being born, and I know at this weight it won't happen. To just "give in and accept yourself" is throwing in the towel and taking the easy way out. (just my opinion).

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)