View Single Post
August 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi my name is Emily, I am kind of a returning older member here.
I was just curious what everyone's church experience is like!

Our family used to go to a more traditional church setting. Non-denominational.

Eventually those of us who had formed a more tight knit bible-study group on thursday nights started meeting after we lost the church building for family meetings that has evolved into what we now call ' Home Church.'
We meet in church members homes, taking turns in whoever offers their house as a meeting place for fellowship. We continue to do bible studies in evenings but sunday mornings we meet as families and it's a really cool because everyone can share and the discussions that we have about scripture, faith or things God is doing in our lives makes it a really great experience.
I LOVE our church and it is always growing and it's amazing to see how God is working in all of our lives. It is true that the people are what counts and you don't need a 'building' to be a fellowship of believers.
There are still more focused bible studies they do, but since we moved further away we aren't able to attend the evening studies. I miss them! We hope to move back someday and I really look forward to it because our church is like family to me!

What is your church like and what does it mean to you?