View Single Post
August 20th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Crystal and welcome! I had a dvt and pe 10 years ago. I have factor V Leiden which makes my blood clot too much. The clots all happened before I ever even thought about babies. I was told the same as you that I would have to be on lovenox or heparin during pregnancy. I am pregnant with my third baby and I have 2 daughters. I also take coumadin when I am not pregnant. In between my daughters my doctor told me that whenever I got pregnant to let him know and he would switch me to lovenox. I got pregnant and miscarried. I then read the medication information on coumadin that the manufacturer provides. It says that if a woman becomes pregnant while on coumadin they suggest termination of he pregnancy because of the defects it causes. So when I ttc I start lovenox before getting pregnant. Now I have never clotted while on anticoagulants so I can only speak from my experience. I can tell you I would not take coumadin at all during a pregnancy. I know that one of the girls here got pregnant while on coumadin and her baby is fine. She was only on it during the very beginning though. I would definitely talk to a hematologist first and maybe even another ob or 2 and get as much info as you can and make the best educated decisions you can. Good for you for doing this now. I wasn't actually diagnosed with anything at the time of my clots. The factor v wasn't found until I was pregnant and I didn't know anything and had to learn as I went along. I found a new doctor and when I met him the first time he told me his wife has a clotting disorder so he's really educatedon it. I just chose him at random.
DD2:4
DS: 2
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.