View Single Post
August 21st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A litle bit of background. I've had problems on and off since middle school. My Dad is the kind that really focuses on looks-my Mom for the longest time was a size 0. She is now a size 2 or 4 and has had 7 children and is in her late 40s. He always makes comments about her size. So I grew up with that going on a lot and even had comments directed at me. Now I am married and have 4 kids. I am 5" almost 2" but my weight is not where it should be. What really freaks me out is that I am not trying to lose weight. I am BFing and I really don't want to have to stop because my son is not a year old yet. I feel really crappy about this. I want to be healthy for myself and my kids-especialy my daughter who is 2, I don't want her growing up feeling pressured to be super thin.
I thought that I was over this problem but every week I check my scale and I keep losing weight. My Mother (and MIL) are constantly making comments about how skinny I am and it drives me nuts. Its like "thanks for reminding me that I am not perfect.
I don't want to talk to my husband about this because it just seems to frustrate him and I know that he will feel guilty for complementing me on how good I look.
I guess I am hoping to find tips on how to deal with it sneaking up on me like this. Has anyone else just realizedthat they are getting smaller and it isn't b/c they are counting every calorie they eat?

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*