View Single Post
August 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
Hi Emily

My home town church is multi-denominational and definitely very traditionally mainline prodestant in the style of worship. There's a predictable order to the service and the prayers and songs are timeless and familiar. There isn't a whole lot of shouting AMEN's and Hallelujiah's but there is a lot of joy and laughter in the service and the congregation is very much like a family. You could say that I'm slightly biased because it's my father-in-law's church and it's where my husband and I first met when we were just kids and where we were married so there are a lot of good memories there. But I do feel like it's more than that. The Lord is at work in that church. I can feel His love there.

The church that Justin is interning at right now is a traditional Methodist church. It's definitely more reserved. The people seem friendly enough when you're with them one on one but as a group they feel a little stand offish. But that impression is just based on a couple of Sunday mornings there. Maybe if could be there every week I wouldn't feel that way.
~Mother of Miracles