View Single Post
August 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still nothing out here, but the church I attended in the city was AMAZING! It was a fairly modern non-denom, their 'slogan' was that 'Oasis is a church for unchurched people' The music is very contemporary, the messages are highly applicable to everyday life, and the people are SO friendly! They out grew the 'church building' that the offices are in a few years ago, and have been 'mobile' since meeting for 2 packed services in a school gym every Sunday morning. Even though it is already a 'larger' church the pastor makes a point of meeting everyone, and learning and remembering your name! The kids programs are INCREDIBLE. (there are a lot of parents who come to church because their kids beg them to bring them to kids church) A lot of the 'program' is based on North Point Community Church in Georgia. They also have Life Groups, that meet in homes during the week, and serving teams, which are volunteers that manage everything from kids church, to set up and tear down, to the bookstore, and coffee etc. It is super casual. (jeans and a tank top are common place, and you grab a cup of coffee, tea, iced tea etc to have with you during the service). I have never been so involved, or felt so included in a church in my life! They really became my family!