View Single Post
August 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a sometimes lurker on this board, but I thought I'd pop in to try and answer this. I had 3 losses before my DD was born, my 2nd loss being at 16 weeks. After that loss I was tested for everything under the sun and all came back normal. When I finally got pregnant with DD, I had the blood clotting panel done again, and came back with lupus anticoagulant syndrome, though my doctors decided to keep me on baby aspirin as I was borderline.

I didn't have to repeat the test in 12 weeks, though that might have been because I was already pregnant. Depending on severe your blood clotting disorder is, you shouldn't have to be on heparin before you get pregnant, starting as soon as you find out should be fine (unless you're very severe.)

My doctor did want me taking a baby aspirin every day for a few months before I got pregnant, as he said it couldn't hurt and might help. Once I found out I was pregnant I also started progesterone for the first 12 weeks (though I wasn't tested and don't think I was low, my RE took the same approach with that...can't hurt and might help.) I'm 100% sure my DD was born as a result of those two medications, and 100% sure that my 3 previous losses were because of the previously undiagnosed BCD.

I am currently trying for # 2 and have since experienced very long cycles and one early loss, though I attribute that more to hormonal imbalances from having the Mirena removed and less because of the BCD (as I've been back on baby aspirin for 6 months.)

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Best of luck to you, I know how hard the waiting game can be.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.