View Single Post
August 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hey ladies,

I have a 15 month boy and Ive exclusively breastfed him since birth. I've had trouble weaning him off at 6months to a bottle, that ive just sort of gave up and said i will let him naturally wean himself but now its becoming too much for me since he wakes up twice at night to nurse and it seems he is just doing it for comfort..last night was the first night of weaning him, i nursed him for bed and he woke up around 4am and I did not nurse him, he threw a tantrum and finally calmed down til around 6am when I finally nursed him..I'm gradually weaning him off..any tips? I am a single mom and i am trying my best to wean him off by mid Sept since I have a business trip and he will be staying with my mother for 3 nights..oh and I forgot to mention, it has been easy to wean him off through the day since he's more distracted, so today he nursed at 6am and at 9pm when I put him to bed.any alternatives to putting him to bed? I am really trying to get him weaned I am very nervous to leaving him those 3nights :-(