View Single Post
August 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
When there is a problem with the LP, it's because there's a problem with follicular development earlier in the cycle (something is preventing the egg from reaching full maturity before it's released). This can make conception difficult, or make sustaining the pregnancy difficult. Supplementing with progesterone can help, but it doesn't fix the problem with follicular development. Fixing that to ensure healthy ovulation will automatically fix the LP as well.There are some very common causes of this problem, fairly easily treated too!

How many cycles have you been TTC? Have you discontinued any hormones in the last 18 months?
Here i always thought a LP issue was only affecting implantation and keeping the pregnancy, not folicular development. How could you even know if you have issues with folicular development? I have my anual pap on the 4th, is there anything I should ask my OB about for that?

I have been loosely TTC since March, adamantly (DTD a lot during my fertile time) since May. I am 10 months off HBCP, started charting when I came off them. I know, my body could still be working on getting a decent LP down. But it's been between 9-11 days every cycle. My temp plummeted today, so I'm waiting for AF on 12dpo so if she shows, another 11 day LP.

Ashley let me know about the progesterone cream! I've been very interested to see if it works for you.