View Single Post
August 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM
First Time Mommy!
6w6d

The past week 1/2 has flown by ... but sadly, it hasn't been good

I've always dealt with anxiety before I got pregnant, and always "thought" I had a good grip on it ... a Xanax here and there ... exercise ... but a little over a week ago on a Friday, while at work, I had a MAJOR panic attack & everything just fell apart. I could barely eat, barely sleep, I couldn't function the entire weekend. I almost went to the ER because I couldn't stop shaking ... even my SO was concerned!

I went to see my Primary Dr the following Monday and thankfully she put me out of work for at least 2 weeks so I could focus on getting better and handling my anxiety. She put increased my BuSpar and referred me to a Psychologist.

Last Wednesday, my new OB's office called and said they had a cancellation and asked if I wanted to go in ... I didn't hesitate! My OB is super nice, I started bawling when she walked in the door. She was super nice, caring, understanding, etc. I told her about the BuSpar and she recommended Zoloft instead, and said that the risk was very very low and as long as I tapered off in the 3rd trimester, there would be almost no risk.

So there is where I am at, trying to handle my anxiety, which seems a bit better now than it did at the beginning of the week. I am also dealing with my mother who is insistent that I DO NOT take the Zoloft at all. She is terrified of those law suits on TV, even started crying begging me that she would do anything and everything to help me "get better."

So torn on what to do ... ugh

On the other hand ... here is my little bean ... measuring at 6w, hb 114 and beautiful

we also finally told my SO's parents tonight, and he warned me the entire ride over there that they weren't going to be happy because we weren't married & be prepared to "be yelled at" ... well they were NOT mad, in fact they seemed kind of excited but kept urging the marriage part, we'll see about that ...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom