View Single Post
August 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Good Morning All,

This is my first time posting here and I have a situation I need input on. Some months ago my former sister-in-law who lives in a different state requested my children come join their family on their dad's side for a holiday family reunion. I let her know I needed to check visitation schedules, etc. Well, it is my year to have my children for the holidays but I am willing to let them go and see their family as they do not often see their aunts/uncles/cousins etc. so I e-mailed her to follow up and asked the following "I wondered if you are still planning on having the kids over for holidays?". She replied and said she would love to have them join them and to let her know if she could help. She did not provide dates or travel arrangements. While I don't mind if the kids go, I was expecting her to provide for their travel arrangements and/or costs. I cannot afford to send them to see their family and I am looking for a polite way to reply via email and request she pay for their travel. I feel like this is an awkward spot to be in and want to handle it appropriately. Have any of you dealt with this? How did you handle it? What should I say in my e-mail to be kind and let her know she will have to pay for the trip or they can't go? Please help! TYIA!!!