View Single Post
August 30th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, I'm actually new to this particular board but I wanted to respond if that's ok.

If you are a Christian then that means you believe in the God of the Bible. That is where you start. You mentioned Lutheran and Mennonite. Religions are man-made. All that matters is God's Word and fellowship with other believers in that word. I honestly believe all the different sects of religion have done more to turn people away from God than turn them TO Him. So don't be concerned with what your particular religion says. Only be concerned with what the Bible says. Baptism is only a symbol of the belief already in your heart so it doesn't "make" you saved or unsaved. I have verses to support this if you want them.

Yes, God's design for us is marriage and I do believe in modesty (though that is how that is defined will vary GREATLY from religion to religion). It is also God's plan for us to be married to another believer. I'm sure you know the verses about being un-equally yoked to an unbeliever. However....none of your sins or mistakes or circumstances are too big to keep you separated from God. You can start TODAY to make choices based on what you know God is calling you to do even if it is hard or complicated. You can only work on yourself and your own relationship with God by reading your Bible and praying. I would suggest reading the gospel John and also Ephesians (if you just don't know where to start). Get a version you can understand. As your life changes (even if not overnight), you will see God's will start to take center stage and your daughter will see the changes and appreciate your honesty with how you turned from your old life to a new life. You don't have to "fix" your life first. That's the Holy Spirit's job. You just come as you ARE.

The Bible says, "There is therefore now NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus...."

It also says "No one is righteous...No...NOT ONE...." and "our righteousness is like filthy rags"

So even if you "think" you're righteous and doing all the "right" things....being married, being modest, attending church...etc.....we still are NOT righteous outside of the blood of Jesus. We're all filthy sinners. No one here is any better than you. We all needed Jesus to die for our sins. We all need his blood to cover those sins.

"Knock and the door will be opened....seek and you will find..."

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb...I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together...Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16