View Single Post
August 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
TTC #1 after loss
Well, I was super nervous for my HSG, and it was easy peasy. I wasn't worried about the IUI at all, and it was pretty darn painful!

After giving them the sample and waiting about 20 minutes, I got in the stirrups. PA told me there would be some cramping when the sperm went in, as your uterus reacts to it. Speculum went in (can't use lube, only water), and she tried to get the catheter in. She said she knew my uterus had a little kink in it and she was having some trouble getting around it. She did some maneuvering that was just midly uncomfortable, and said she was trying to avoid having to use any 'instruments' on me. Needless to say, I was in total agreement Anyway, none of that was horrible. Once she got the sperm in though, I started cramping. I scooted up and got a pillow under me, and was left with instructions to get up in 20 minutes, and try to relax my uterus in spite of the cramps (***?). I managed to lay still for my 20 minutes, but I was cramping badly. I was getting lightheaded and seriously thought I might pass out. When I got up, I spent another 20 minutes or so on the floor waiting for the pain to subside enough that I thought I could make it through check out. By the time I made it to my car, I was feeling a bit better, and it's mostly gone now, after laying in bed for an hour and a half. I'm kinda worried that maybe the sample wasn't washed well, as that's the only real explanation I can find, and I don't feel like this is normal.

But, I survived, and we are well timed, so I am hopeful. We are supposed to BD tonight and tomorrow, but I definitely feel like BD would be pretty painful right now, so we'll see.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!