View Single Post
September 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM
(formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dri2011 View Post
That's awesome! He's growing up so fast! Makes me wanna bawl everytime I read the next entry. I can't wait to have a newborn again. I am thankful that you share your BF stories. I didn't with DD (wrapped those puppies up in ace bandage about a week ahead, milk never even came in) but I want to with the new baby I have. I don't know how that's gonna go, they're already DD's. It'll look like I have watermelons in my shirt It is very encouraging to hear how it goes, I've never had anyone around me that did it.
No one in my family breastfed either. In fact, they were kind of discouraging me when I said it was my plan. I had nightmares that I wouldn't be successful at it. It came so naturally from the moment Jackson was placed on my chest. We definitely had our issues with latching at times, and the engorgement when my milk came in was almost unbearable. And when he's in a cluster feeding frenzy, my nipples get sore. However, sticking with it was one of the best decisions I ever made. It's such an amazing bond. And DH told me it's one of the most beautiful sights he's ever seen. I was tentative about pumping, but it went well too. It doesn't feel that great (the unnatural suction/tugging on the nipple). However, my milk flows fast, so that makes it easier. I'll probably switch almost exclusively to expressing and bottle feeding after I go back to work, so I'm really cherishing these first three months.

I really hope that you are successful at it with your next baby. It's hard to say what your breasts will do, in terms of size. My little sister tried to BF for the first week, but she stopped due to a bad latch and sore nipples. She had DD before getting pregnant, and her breasts really didn't grow that much post-pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Poor William. It sounds like he's a great daddy, though. Does he still do the nightly routine of talking to him?
He talks and sings to him every night. Jackson actually loves it, and DH has put him to sleep just holding, rocking, and singing to him. DH can keep him calm, but it takes a lot of work. And then Jackson starts smacking his lips and sucking on his hand. It just stinks because he only has a few hours with him every night during the work week. I wish that he could just cuddle him the whole time. That's why I'm excited about bottle feeding sometimes, so he can have that same experience of Jackson eating and then falling asleep on him. It's such a sweet thing.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; September 1st, 2012 at 03:07 PM.