View Single Post
September 10th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
8 weeks!

Moving right along! This past week was a little bit more problematic for me, as far as symptoms go. I had a hard time finding things that I wanted to eat that were not completely unhealthy. Chips were the big craving this past week. Evenings tend to be the worst...fatigue, food aversions & nausea. So far, no real vomiting, but twice in the last week I've had dry heaves. Still, when compared with my last pregnancy, I'm feeling much better than I was at this point.

We finally were able to tell my family and DH's parents the good news! For my mom/sister/BIL/nephew, we went out to dinner with them, and I actually had my 2-yr old little girl tell them. She knows that there's a baby in my tummy (I don't know if she gets the concept, but if I ask her who is in my tummy, she says, "the baby," or if I ask where the baby is, she'll say, "in Momma's tummy.") SO, I pulled her aside and asked her to tell Nai Nai that there is a baby in my tummy. She kept saying, "a tummy in her baby!" LOL...she completely got it backwards, and then she got embarrassed. DH said, "What's in Momma's tummy?" and she said, "BABY!" They were all happy for us, and it was pretty cute. We tried to do the same kind of thing over the phone with DH's parents, but it didn't work out quite so well, although they got the message. We still have some family to tell (our siblings), and then that'll probably be it until after the first appointment (which is next week!!!).

Weight at 8 weeks: 121lbs (up 2.4 lbs this week; up 5lbs so far)

Looking forward to next week's appointment!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!