View Single Post
September 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
I find a common misconception to be men assuming $100 a wk means $400 a month when it doesn't. I know it threw dh off at first. Most men would look at $100a week as $400 a month and $4800 a year when it is actually $5200 a year.

Either way he needs to stop threatening her about it. I wonder if they deducted processing fees and that's what he is seeing.
Exactly. That's very confusing for a lot of people. It needs to be made more uniform across the board. When DH was paying support the support order gave a monthly amount to be paid, however, those payments had to be made with each paycheck. So if there were 3 pay periods in one month, he had to pay extra that month. If they're going to request payments be made or garnished per pay period then they need to clarify that said amount is broken down properly. Don't give a monthly amount then put it to a weekly or bi-weekly deduction. Make that payment a one shot deal. If the amount is a weekly amount then apply the per pay period deduction. It's the lack of clarity that causes a lot of problems between the parents and generates more money for the attorneys and courts, which isn't right.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11