View Single Post
September 14th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Super Mommy
Wow...I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Please just take it easy and relax, trust your doctor and they'll help you!

I read earlier today that the survival rate for a baby at 24 weeks is 50%, so all you have to do is be able to hold on two more weeks and you can relax a lot. The more time passes without any scary things happening, the more that rate increases. Try to focus on the positive!!!

Take this time to knit or crochet an entire ensemble for Phiona. Why not work with a thread crochet pattern on a beautiful Christening gown? You could add pearls to the thread and really make it beautiful! Focus on the happy things as you get ready for your beautiful baby girl.

Take it easy and let her bake as long as possible. There are so many things that doctors can do now to help in situations like this, have they told you about the medications available to stop labor? I know the medications aren't exactly the nicest feeling in the world, but they'll do the job. The idea is just to prolong the time until it's really time to deliver! There are some women who have endured what you have and they've made it to term, with medical assistance. I know being in the hospital will suck hardcore, especially during the holidays. But as long as Momma & Baby are doing well, that is ALL that matters. And I am sure you'll do whatever it takes to make sure to take care of yourself and baby Phiona.

So just try to relax, stress isn't good for you or the baby and let the doctors help you through this 'rough patch' and help little baby Phiona slow down her anticipation to meet everyone until she's really ready. I'll tell you what...my husband was born premature in 1971, he had a lot of medical help (he was born at the end of the 5th month/early 6th -- if I recall what his mother said correctly) and he turned out just fine. So have faith! You know if you need anything, we're here for you!!!