View Single Post
September 16th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Well, FWIW, if Neely and I pick up the boys together, I stay in the car and he goes to the door. It doesn't take two people to pick up the kids. If she comes here and Neely is home, he goes to the door. I don't feel like I'm trapped in my house, I just don't want to interact with her if I don't have to. I don't think you're necessarily inserting yourself by going with him during exchanges, but I think it would be better for all parties, if you didn't.

BMs are strange creatures sometimes and they'll use anything they can to go off the deep end. Don't give her ammunition. If I felt like my place in my kids' lives was being usurped or challenged, I'd probably have some issues too. I'm not saying you're doing that, but it sounds like that's what BM is feeling, kwim?

It's hard to put yourself in her place, especially if you don't have children of your own, but try to remember that sharing her kid with you is new, not something she planned on doing when she had him/her and will take some adjusting.

Good luck!