View Single Post
September 21st, 2012, 03:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is actually happening to me right now

My thought process has always been, after high school, you get your degree. No exceptions. Whether it be community college, local school, or far away - you get that piece of paper - no exceptions. You will thank me later. If you want to be a ditch digger -that's fabulous - but you will get a degree first. It's never occurred to me that they might not want to go to college. LOL I will cross that bridge when I get there I guess. It's always been known that you finish high school and then it's college. I worked my a** off to put myself through college, and am back in college. My dh never went and works in construction and doesn't want that for his kids.

Kelsey went to a college that's just about an hour away - and has an amazing scholarship. Erin's on a good path to college so now I only have to worry about the boys. I wanted Kelsey to move to college because she needed to be on her own for a while. She is enjoying herself more than I thought she would. She's not really homesick at all.

On a side note - my mother always told me that when I was ready to move out I had better be sure. When I wanted to move out, she said she didn't have a revolving door. If it was hard, or I couldn't do it - I better have a plan B because I wasn't moving back in. The struggle is what life is all about is what she said. It's not supposed to be easy. I stayed at home until I was 22 and lived in my own little apartment until I was 23 then married dh.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!