View Single Post
September 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Super Mommy
My friend's niece was in a somewhat similar position. She was 19 when she and her bf got pregnant. They hadn't even been together 3 whole months yet. BUT, when she was pregnant the first thought was marriage. They ended up living together because her stepmom kicked her out of the house because she was pregnant and unmarried. Neither she or the bf could afford to live alone so they got a place together. The thing is though is even though my friend's family is somewhat religious (about certain things) my friend told her niece 2 wrongs don't make it right. Don't get married just because you are pregnant. So they didn't. They lived together and raised the baby together for almost 2 years and he proposed just before Thanksgiving last year. Now, they are engaged and planning the wedding. The main thing is they are not getting married because they feel the pressure to "make it right" but because they want to be together.

I'm all for being married with kids but I think it is best for 2 people to love each other and decide to get married not feel they have to and end up divorced which would just be harder on the kid anyways.

So, like I said kinda the same position if you get down to the bones of it. Hope this helps.