View Single Post
September 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have only an anecdote to add. At 24, one of my closest friends had been dating a co-worker of hers for just a few months when she became pregnant. They decided immediately to get married, and had a wedding two months later and then their son six months after that. That was nine years ago, and today they are still happily married and now have a second (planned) child together. They have weathered a LOT together in those nine years, including my friend being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and being hospitalized for a short period of time. They are a happy family together though; both she and her husband are very devoted to each other, and their children are happy and thriving.

I don't think you are stupid for turning down a marriage proposal; you and only you know what is best and right for your life. I think it's normal to be scared when pregnant though - even when that pregnancy is planned, but much more so when the pregnancy is unexpected. And, at least in my limited experience, the hormones in the first trimester are enough to make anyone feel completely unstable for a while.

I don't know your particular situation, but based on your description of the baby's father it sounds like he's planning on sticking around no matter what. Whatever you decide, now or in the long run, it seems like your child will have both parents in it's life - and that's a great starting point.

I wish you lots of luck and a very healthy pregnancy.