View Single Post
September 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
According to the court order she has no visitation. Hubby has sole custody, care, and decision making rights for the kids. He never went after child support because it would have prolonged his custody case, and to him all that was important was making sure that the kids would be with him. Since then he never bothered to go after child support because she doesn't have a pot to piss in. It would probably cost us more in legal fees than we would actually get from her. Women usually get the benefit of the doubt. She would cry poor me I have three other kids to support and a judge would order like $20 a week or something crazy. Not worth our time or money to persue.
It would cost you nothing to go through the state for them to pursue it for you. I would do it, eve if it were $20 a month. It's not about the money, I understand, it's about the principal. And if she has no visitation pursuant to the Court order, then I wouldn't give her anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
Hubby e-mailed her back and told her no. He told her that we just don't have the extra cash to send them and that she has not helped support them at all and it was a lot of her to ask us in the first place. He also told her that they have things going on during Christmas Vacation that would prevent them from being able to spending more than a few days there anyways.

Should be interesting to see her response.
Good! Let us know how it goes!