View Single Post
September 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am in shock! You are still doing full days at 36 weeks? In the Army, you get issued a profile as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed and have a limited workday and total hours for workweek starting at 28 weeks. I tried to stay longer when I was on AT and got yelled at because the limitations are clearly stated in the regs.

I also am shocked whenever I hear about people having bad experiences at MTFs because I have typically had great experiences - but I guess I'm a bit spoiled. I had BAMC (now SAMMC) for my medical needs for years and, for the most part, the facility there is amazing and the staff is, too. The biggest problem I have ever had with MTFs is a lack of continuity of care - especially during my last pregnancy, when I needed it the most. But - I did feel like the providers I saw cared and I LOVED the anesthesiologist who was there for my D&C because he allowed me to make an educated decision for myself about what I wanted - general or local - and respected my decision.

I guess I'm a little biased, though since both my parents and I are medical personnel (medic, RN, and PA) and I know there are providers whose answer to anything is Motrin and/or Pseudoephedrine.

I think it is ridiculous for them to not take seriously issues you are having during pregnancy, especially the constant headache paired with dizziness and blurred vision. That is an immediate red flag to me and they should be looking into it. It could be a BP issue.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.