View Single Post
October 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're heading into fall, and I'm curious as to what possible plans everyone has for this month?!

This month there's a lot of fall festivals around us! I'm so excited about them all!!

We're going to the first one this Friday, Atwood Fall Festival. This is a yearly tradition for Dh and I. We always go on Friday, when most of the kids are in school. This way it seems sort of like a "date" for us lol I enjoy it because there's a lot of craft vendors and DH likes seeing the steam Engine train.

Next weekend we're hitting the Algonquin Mill Festival. My Aunt and Uncle display their photography there and a friend of mine spins her own yarn and shows it there. They make all kinds of neat things there, like lard, apple butter, fresh milled flour, etc.

Then, 3rd weekend in October is the Apple Stirrin' Festival. There will be apple dumplings, chili and soup beans cooked in big open kettles over a fire, fresh honey, craft vendors, live music, and a train ride for kids.

Sometime between all that we're also taking the kids to the Pumpkin Patch AND shopping for Halloween costumes. We are dressing up as an Amish family LOL