View Single Post
October 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The sticky forum "From Scratch" is for recipes. Please feel free to post there. I'll start again because I stopped because I didn't think anyone was checking it.

Here are a couple of general "life hacks":
Use Hydrogen Peroxide to get blood out of clothing. Rinse with cold water as warm or hot will set the stain. Be careful using on black and bright colored items because it can remove the color so test on a place that isn't noticeable.

Hair a little greasy and don't have time to wash it? Throw a little baby powder in it and oilyness is gone. Style as usual.

Have an old pair of panty hose that have a run in them? Don't throw them away! Save them to run over your clothes when you get a deorderant stain. It takes them right off!

Hand sanitizer works as deorderant in a pinch.

If your credit card magnetic stripe starts to get worn from use and being in your wallet, and doesn't always read in the card reader, you can use the plastic bag trick. Put the card in a plastic grocery bag and then swipe it. Not sure why it works, but it does.Taking it further though, you can simply apply a piece of quality cellophane tape over the mag stripe for a "permanent" plastic bag trick.

Macy's credit cards usually have a 20% discount on purchases. I pay with the Macy's card, then while still at the register, I immediately pay off the charge with my debit card. I just got 20% off my purchase and I never get a credit card bill. - this also works with JCP and kohl's cards.