View Single Post
October 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I have not used "treat" bribes like cookies or candies with Emily. I've used stickers, she's a sticker FIEND!
I do agree with your idea of peer pressure. I think it's a great idea to recruit his brothers to help you. I don't blame you for worrying about the bribe on the older boys, I would worry about that as well.
Perhaps you could just make the cookie a weekly reward? Give them all charts, when Grayson goes in with them and sees what they've done, mark down the charts accordingly, and have a weekly cookie reward for so many attempts or victories on the toilet?

Have you tried a "Lets Try" schedule? Emily is already displaying her discomfort with diapers and is vocal about asking for a change if she wants one. But I also keep her on a "Let's Try" routine too, As soon as she wakes in the morning, before SesameStreet at 10am, before nap at 1 pm, after nap at 3 or 4 pm, and then again before bed at 8 pm. I haven't yet figured out her pattern...(its frustrating LOL)

I'm sorry I don't have any great advice Whitney, I hope you find something that works for your lil man!

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~