View Single Post
October 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this board so it might not be the proper place to post this but here I go. I was diagnosed with GD 2 weeks ago, I'm 31 weeks pregnant now. I was just put on insulin because my fasting numbers just wouldn't go down. Anyways I met with the high risk pregnancy doctor and he is recommending me have a scheduled csection at 38 weeks. I have had 2 previous due to narrow pelvis, android it's actually called. So as it turns out I will be 38 weeks on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. My entire family will be in town for the holiday also. I actually meet with the surgeon in 2 weeks and will set up my csection then. So my question is what is your guys honest opinion about me asking to have my csection the day after Thanksgiving? Is that rude? My family will all be in town and it would be so special to celebrate with them all. I assume they probably don't schedule csections during the weekend but maybe since that Friday is sort of like a holiday they wouldn't schedule one that day either. I could wait until Monday but my family will be gone and I just thought the Friday after Thanksgiving would be so special. Please let me know your honest thoughts. Thanks