View Single Post
October 3rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Formerly Halfbaked
I'm sure I've mentioned my oldest dd before. She was a smart cookie. Talking and understanding and even began reading sight words at 3, but she was in ot and pt until kinder. She didn't walk until 20mths. Her younger brother did everything before her and she would get so mad.
We did a year of pt in 4th grade but the cost was outrageous and we ended taking her to a tumbling class that she loved, and was cheaper. She was the oldest in the class but it helped her confidence.
She started jr high this year. She still has hypotonia and I have to get her some orthepedic inserts for her shoes, but she is so smart. She is in choir, drama, taking photography classes and getting straight A's. She still gets frustrated. She can hardly ride a bike but loves swimming. We have tfied to focus on the things she CAN do and work around the things that are more difficult.
I wish there was some great suggestion I could give you. All I can say is, don't give up and don't let hourself get frustrated either.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page