View Single Post
October 5th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I don't know if many of you remember, but I suffered BADLY with thrush for about two months when I was breastfeeding Kaylee. Did the nystatin, gentian violet, all purpose nipple ointment and then FINALLY somebody prescribed me the prescription pills you can get. Well after about a week of them it went away!... Two weeks later, it started up again. At that point I had already started to wean Kaylee, and by the time it was starting to be really painful again, she was done nursing. No more pain.

I was wondering all this time if the thrush was just festering in there waiting for my milk to come back in again, so when I was at my pre-admission appointment at the hospital today I asked the health nurse and she said YES!!! I'm glad I asked because she told me to start the acidophilus pills again and that should keep it under control (they never did squat before!), but I am freaking out about it now!!!!

Everybody knows how much it hurts to breastfeed the first few weeks to begin with, and if I have to deal with thrush on top of that I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it! I used to dread the three hour mark with Kaylee because I knew she would be nursing again, and this will be 100x worse because newborns can just nurse all ****** day!

I'm very upset about it and it hasn't even started yet

... I guess I just wanted to rant. Thanks for listening!