View Single Post
October 5th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommas2favs View Post
I have not used "treat" bribes like cookies or candies with Emily. I've used stickers, she's a sticker FIEND!
I do agree with your idea of peer pressure. I think it's a great idea to recruit his brothers to help you. I don't blame you for worrying about the bribe on the older boys, I would worry about that as well.
Perhaps you could just make the cookie a weekly reward? Give them all charts, when Grayson goes in with them and sees what they've done, mark down the charts accordingly, and have a weekly cookie reward for so many attempts or victories on the toilet?

Have you tried a "Lets Try" schedule? Emily is already displaying her discomfort with diapers and is vocal about asking for a change if she wants one. But I also keep her on a "Let's Try" routine too, As soon as she wakes in the morning, before SesameStreet at 10am, before nap at 1 pm, after nap at 3 or 4 pm, and then again before bed at 8 pm. I haven't yet figured out her pattern...(its frustrating LOL)

I'm sorry I don't have any great advice Whitney, I hope you find something that works for your lil man!

We did stickers with Lily, If she got so many in a week she got a treat, which was usually a dollar store toy, which usually ended up with more stickers...lol. But I am all for bribing. Tommy is no where near ready yet, which is new for me, since Lily was fully trained by 2.5, Tommy will not even sit on the potty yet.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**