View Single Post
October 6th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I used to complain to the local library regularly that their limit of 6 books at a time was too small. Me and my brother used to have to work the system.
WHAT?! Only 6 books???
A friend of mine in Scotland said the Library there would only allow 10 books maximum checked out at a time. Even that I can't imagine.

There is no limit at our Library- When I go with the kids we must get at least 20-30 books every visit. We go at least once a week, but generally at least 2-3 times.
People look at me like I'm crazy checking out all those books but it's the kids who pick them out-and I am not going to say " No, that's too many books." (Is there really such a thing as too many books?! Haha!)
Even if I go alone-generally I get 10-12 books to read. Most material is on 4 week loan so that's plenty of time for me to read them and go back for more before the month is through. Only 6 items seems ridiculous. I don't understand why the limit would be so small! What if you were studying a subject and needed lots and lots of material on it?