View Single Post
October 7th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX2 View Post
Do you put a leash on your child(ren)?

I have seen small kids on leashes. They have a harness around the chest usually and is held by another person just like someone who walks their dog.

I know the reason behind it is suppose to be safety. The thought being that child can run off or get lost/stolen, but the only kids i see in these things are the hyper active ones that seem to have behavior problems.
Even with as many children I have, I still have never even thought of putting a leash on any of them, and till this day I still havent lost one

WOW Amirax I think your post comes off as very mean. I for one have never used one but I think it's unfair to judge other mommas for what they use with their child. Each child is different and calls for different things. It's easy to sit back and judge, but walk a mile in another momma's shoes who chooses to use one. I see them a lot at amusement parks and I had a friend who had a special needs child that used one. It made him feel like he had some freedom without breaking her back holding him (he didn't want to ride in the stroller) and he wasn't hyperactive but it was just an option she used and people stopped and told her how awful it was and made her cry.

I'm sure you're not trying to be rude but remember there are mommas that do choose to use them and to be so harsh with your opinion can make another momma feel bad, especially since she isn't harming her child and is doing what's best for HER child. Opinions are one thing but to say a mom is treating their child like a dog is just harsh.

Last edited by BeachMum; October 7th, 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: spelling.