Topic: Science?
View Single Post
October 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We use the science program that is part of Time4Learning, but I feel like we should be doing more.

If so, what is a good science program?

I prefer something that I can sort of follow through on. In other words, I don't want to use one program this year, then need to get a new program next year. I don't mind buying new textbooks or subscriptions each year, but I just want it to be the same program. It can be computer based or textbook/workbook based. Either is fine.

I found this:
Noeo Homeschool Science Curriculum - Catalog

Which looks like it includes everything, but man, it looks expensive. And I have 3 kids, two working at 1st grade level and 1 that hasn't started school yet, so I don't want to spend that much money more than once.

Workbooks/textbooks would be reusable (I can get photocopies of the workbooks as needed). And online subscription-based programs keep track of everything for me, so that would work too.

Also, I know religion is the foundation of a lot of homeschooling, so I probably need to specify that we don't want anything with religious roots (we're letting our kids find their own way where that is concerned).

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance!