View Single Post
October 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM
First Time Mommy
But I do have questions...I hope you don't get offended by me asking.

Is he much better with the medicine? Is there a reason that some mornings he doesn't take it? What does the principal have to say about everyone who asks about his medicine first thing in the morning? Does your son refuse to take the medicine or realize that his behavior is different when he does take it?

I'm curious because I work with our "at risk" population. So I get a lot of attendance, academic, behavior, and social service issues. Sometimes I will have a student having a horrible day. I don't come out and ask if he/she took medicine for whatever the issue is (bipolar, depression, anxiety, etc) but I will ask them what is different about today compared to yesterday. A lot of times they will say they forgot to take their medicine or they ran out of their medicine or something along those lines. Some of the students I do ask about their medicine, but it's not the first thing I ask about when they have a bad day and I would NEVER ask a student as soon as they get to school. That part just amazes me. I think we need to give the kids a chance to TRY to have a good day! Grrrr.

Keeping Up With The Petrosians